These animations do look ‘pretty’ but after a while I find that they just get annoying, here is a quick tweak you can do to disable them alltogether.
- In your start screen search type computer
- Right click on computer and select properties
- Click advanced system settings
- Select settings under performance
- Uncheck the first in the list: Animate controls and elements inside windows
- Click OK
That will remove all the animations from your start screen and it should also make it run a little faster, to make the animations run again simply go and check the “Animate controls and elements inside windows” and select ok.